Teaching Licensure

Spanish Teaching License


Students wishing to earn a license to teach Spanish should double major in Education and in Global Studies, choosing the Spanish concentration of the Global Studies major. These students will consult closely with their advisors from both Departments to complete requirements for K-12 Licensure in Spanish. As part of fulfilling the Licensure requirements, students will participate in the Tandem Education Semester in Madrid, Spain, where they will take the “Teaching Methodology for Teachers of Spanish and Bilingual Educators” course, along with appropriate Spanish language courses.