The Specific Minimum Requirements for Transfers Include:
- Graduation from an accredited four-year high school or the equivalent with at least fifteen (15) hours of credit.
- Verification of good academic standing at the institution from which the applicant wishes to transfer.
- A minimum 2.5 for their most recent full-time semester of college level coursework and a minimum cumulative 2.0 G.P.A. for all college level coursework attempted.
- A minimum of 24 transferable credits completed. If 24 credits have not been completed at the time the candidate submits their application, the student’s high school record will also be evaluated.
Transfer Application Procedure
All candidates interested in transferring to Illinois College are encouraged to submit either the Illinois College admission application or the Common Application. Both can be submitted electronically. No application fee is required.
To complete the application, transfer students should also submit:
- An official final high school transcript showing date of graduation.
- Official college transcripts for all course work attempted.
While not required, on-campus interviews are strongly encouraged.
Evaluation of Transfer Credit
In most cases, credit is awarded for courses taken at regionally accredited institutions which have content similar to courses offered at Illinois College. No credit is given for any coursework for which the student received a grade below a ‘C-’, or a credit/no credit grade. An exception will be made and CR grades will be accepted for courses taken in spring 2020 due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Final evaluation of transfer credits resides with the Office of the Registrar and the Provost. (See Transfer Credits pages 198.) Transfer students must request that an official final transcript be sent directly to Illinois College prior to starting classes.
Illinois College subscribes to Transferology, a nation-wide network designed to help students explore their college transfer options. At no cost, students can learn how courses they have taken will transfer to Illinois College by adding coursework to Transferology. Illinois College has articulated courses from many of our surrounding community colleges as well as various other schools when requested by students. A link to Transferology is located on the College web page.